Presented in conjunction with Palmetto TRIbe, our third annual youth triathlon at James Island County Park is a multi-sport experience like no other in the area - the first to offer an open-water swim. This is an excellent opportunity for youth to experience a lake swim in a safe, well-monitored course. After the swim, participants will traverse the shaded paths and roads inside the park on the run and bike course. Event presented by Palmetto Tribe (https://bit.ly/2PON5Fi), sponsored by Trek Bikes (https://bit.ly/3uI7iLB) and Food Lion (https://bit.ly/3mHj720)
Saturday, July 24, 2021
Race Details & Registration
- Participants ages 11-15 will complete a 200-yard swim, a 6-mile bike, and a 2-mile run.
- Participants ages 7-10 will complete a 100-yard swim, 3-mile bike, and a 1-mile run.
- Advanced Race Fee: $45
- On-Site Race Fee: $54
- Preregistration is required and ends by phone at 5:30 p.m. and online at 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, July 13 at 11:59 p.m.
- Race starts at 7:15 a.m.
- There will be no packet pick-up. Bibs and swim caps will be mailed USPS prior to the race - please make sure your mailing address is complete and accurate. Participant t-shirts will be mailed post-race.
- There will be no awards ceremony held on-site post-race - awards will be mailed via USPS.
- Participants are required to bring their own, pre-filled water bottles. Water stations will be set up on course but with limited service.
- Bibs are required. Body marking will not be offered. Lost bib penalties will be enforced.
- Participants, staff, and volunteers, and parents/chaperones permitted on-site only.
- Please, no spectators at this time.
Bring equipment to complete onsite bike repairs on your own.