Love is in the air!
Expedia has just announced their list of the Best Places to Propose in the US, featuring cities that "offer idyllic settings to steal the heart of your honey," and Charleston comes in at number 8.
Here's what writer Lily Rogers had to say about the Holy City:
"Routinely named the most romantic city in the U.S., Charleston is a safe bet when considering ideas on how to propose. The slow southern pace will relax your nerves, and the beauty of the city will charm you and your mate's senses, setting the stage for love.
Best places to propose in Charleston:
- Magnolia Plantation features flowery gardens and a pleasant foot bridge that's straight out of a Monet painting.
- A sunset sail on the Schooner Pride is a singular experience, so try to stay present even after you hear the sweet sounds of 'yes.'
- Battery Park on the waterfront is a city staple, and with its gazebo, southern mansions, and lighthouse views, it provides plenty of pretty places to kneel down on one knee.
Best romantic extras:
- Peninsula Grill is the most romantic restaurant in the city, serving up aphrodisiacs like fresh oysters in a candle-lit setting.
- Book the Royal Engagement Package at the King Charles Inn or stay at Zero George for an intimate boutique hotel setting."
We want to wish a warm thank-you to Expedia for including our city in their list. We can definitely feel the love!
To see which other cities made the list, CLICK HERE.