2014 Race Details
The 2014 Cooper River Bridge Run in Charleston, SC takes place April 3rd - April 5th, 2014.
The Expo, located in the Charleston Area Convention Center
, takes place on Thursday April 3rd from Noon - 8pm and on Friday April 4th from 8am - 8pm.
Available Pre-Race on Saturday from 5am - 6:45 am (must be in line by 6 AM) Racers must wear bib to board the bus.
|Location: Calhoun & Anson St
||Location: Charleston Area Convention Center
|Location: Town Center
||Location: Whitesides School
||Location: Mathis Ferry Road
Following the race buses will leave from downtown between 10am and 1pm.
Boats leave the IMAX Dock at 6AM. Tickets are available at Registration for $8 but sell out quickly. Return Boats run from 10am - 1pm. $8 cash on return trip from Charleston to Mt. Pleasant.
Trucks will take bags until 7:30am. Be sure to label your bag with your name & phone number.
Street Closures / Parking
Friday April 4, 2013
1. Hampton Park / Mary Murray Blvd: 2pm-7pm
2. George Street between Meeting & Anson closed 8pm until 2pm Saturday, April 6th.
3. Meeting Street between Calhoun & Wentworth closed at 10pm. The Northbound Lane of Meeting from George to Calhoun will remain open, the southbound lane will be closed.
Saturday, April 5, 2013
1. Ravenel Bridge closes at 7am (Both Directions)
2. Calhoun between King and East Bay will be closed at 5am.
3. Meeting from John to Wentworth at 5am. As well as Romney to Woolfe
4. The Bridge Bike Lane will be closed at 6:30am.
5. Woolfe will be closed from Meeting to King
6. King will be closed from Spring to Wentworth
7. Wentworth will be closed from King to Meeting.
Note: The Bridge will remain closed until all participants have cleared the bridge and all staff, barricades and debris have been removed.
Note: Towing begins at 4am
Overnight parking for Runners and Walkers is available from Friday to 2pm Saturday at the City Parking Garage. $5 Special Rates for Participates. Parking is also available in the Visitor's Center Parking Garage, Aquarium Garage on Calhoun Street and Gaillard Auditorium Parking Garage. Special rates do not apply to City Operated Parking Lots or Garages Associated with Hotels.
Taste of the Bridge Run. Friday from 5-8pm.
- Downtown: Charleston Maritime Center, 10 Wharfside St., Charleston, SC 29401
- Mt. Pleasant: HarborSide East, 28 Bridgeside Blvd., Mt. Pleasantpig in the garden, SC 29464
- N Charleston: Coliseum, 5001 Coliseum Dr, N. Charleston, 29418
2014 Race Route
The Race is 10k point to point and takes place from Mt. Pleasant to Downtown Charleston.
The Race starts at 8am on Coleman Blvd about half way between Shem Creek & Sea Island Shopping Center.
Wheelchair Competitive Race
The Race starts at 7:45am. 10k point to point. Mt. Pleasant to downtown Charleston. Must have a verified 10k finish of under 45 minutes.
The Finish Festival will be at Marion Square on Saturday from 9am - 12pm. The Festival includes Entertainment, Vendors, Food, Souvenirs, Refreshments and more!