Waterfront Park Information
Welcome to the Waterfront Park!
Waterfront Park is a 12-acre park along the Cooper River near Historic Downtown Charleston, SC. The park is located between Vendue to the north and Adger's Wharf to the south. Historically, the park was the center of maritime traffic. The wharfs, however, have since been replaced by newly paved streets and businesses, the historic buildings renovated into luxury homes, and the park has been updated to it's current beauty.
Restrooms are located by the Vendue Fountain and on the ground floors of the two nearby parking garages.
The following are not permitted
- Radios, tape players, etc
- Amplified musical instruments
- Riding bicycles, skateboards, etc
- Unleashed dogs and curbing dogs without clean-up by owner
- Littering: this includes cigarette butts, peanut shells, etc
- Obstruction of water at nozzles, running and climbing on fountains
Please enjoy the park and help keep it clean, safe and beautiful.
Please Enjoy The Fountain. The following are not permitted
- There should be no solo wading
- No running, boisterous or rough play
- No person under the influence of alcohol or drugs should use the fountain
- There should be no splitting or blowing nose in the fountain
- Persons with diarrheal illness or nausea should not enter the fountain
- Persons with skin, eye, ear or respiratory infections should not enter the fountain
- Persons with open lesions or wounds should not enter the fountain
- No animals or pets allowed in the fountain
- No glass allowed in the fountain or on the deck
- No children should be in the fountain without supervisions
- You should take a shower before entering the fountain
- This fountain is open from 6a - 12am
- The maximum number of waders allowed in the fountain is 25
Hours of operation
6 a.m. until midnight; 6 a.m. until 11 p.m. South of Exchange St